With over 400 employees, 200+ trucks and 6 terminals across Canada we are an employer that puts our people first to deliver goods for our customers. We have the highest safety rating given by the Ministry of Transportation and great newer model trucks for our drivers.
We are expanding and hiring a Linehaul Dispatcher for Alberta/BC routes.
This position requires a highly motivated, organized and customer focused person that assumes the responsibility or running safe, effective, and efficient movement of freight between terminals to ensure quality service to our customers. This position will supervise the movement of trailers with use of company drivers as well as outside carriers to help grow the division. This person will coordinate with drivers in regard to estimated time of departures as well as arrivals of loads to and from terminals and keep terminals informed of these times. This position will also require some after-hours problem solving in which terminals must be kept informed of delays, while also using sound judgement to keep costs to the company to a minimum.
- Responsible for filling out drivers running orders
- Filling in the line haul summary as needed
- Entering and completing FL division FB’s
- Planning of nightly linehaul between terminals and customer direct loads
- Contacting drivers for ETA’s to terminals/customers and relaying info to destination
- Booking extra trucks as required
- Dispatch the FL drivers and hired cartage/3P carriers
- Obtaining POD’s & completing FTL division FB’s & completing trips
- Working with compliance for scheduled maintenance of trucks
- On-call every alternate week
- Other duties as required
- Must have minimum of 3-years’ dispatch experience
- Must be very computer literate with a working knowledge of Windows, Word, Excel (key), and WMS systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving skills; ability to resolve issues effectively and efficiently
- Knowledge of applicable regulations, health and safety, public safety and security, administration and management, transportation principles and methods, management principles and methods, personnel and human resources, labour relations, customer service
Benefits – Why work here:
- Annual Salary $55,000 - $65,000 based on skills and experience
- Casual dress
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Medical and Dental
- Group benefits with Mullen Transportation Group
- Promotion opportunities